Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ways To Get Victoria Secret Hair!

VS Angels always have perfect, big hair! Today, I'm going to let you in on a few secrets I learned about how to achieve it!

There are several ways to get the volume:

  • Blow drying your hair with your head down
  • Applying a root lifting product to your roots, then blow drying with a round brush
  • After blow drying your hair normally, apply big rollers to your hair while it's still hot. When you take them out, you have a nice ammount of volume.
  • Teasing your hair after styling
How To Achieve Different Kinds Of VS Curls
Big,Soft,Sexy Curls-Victoria Secret Inspired Hair Tutorial
For flowy, wavy curls like Adriana Lima above, you'll need a 2 inch curling iron to achieve the look. A while back, Blair (Juicystar07 on YouTube) did a video on it. Just click on the caption to watch it.













For more structured curls like the models below:
Things You'll Need:
*Heat Protectant
*1-1 1/2 Inch Curling Iron
(depending on how big you want your curls to be)
*Blow Dryer
*Hair Pins
*Hairspray
*Round Brush
(optional: Anti Frizz product)
Step 1: Start with clean, wet hair.(I would recommend that you use John Frieda's Frizz Ease Serum.You put it in your hair when it's wet. It not only gets rid of frizz but it gives your hair amazing shine! ) Apply your heat protectant and begin to blow dry your hair using a round brush. (For added volume, you could blow dry your hair with your head down).

Step 2: Section off your hair anyway that you would like. Begin to curl your hair in 1 inch sections with your 1 or 1 1/2 inch curling iron, away from your face.When you release the curl,take your finger, loosely wrap the bottom of the curl around it and begin to roll up until your hair begins to look like a barrel. When it begins to look like a barrel, take your finger out and just roll your hair up with your hand and pin it like a hair roller, away from your face (look at picture to the left). Do this with the rest of your hair.
Step 3: Once all of your hair has cooled down, release it from the pins and start to finger comb your hair. After finger combing it to your liking, hairspray it!

Now you're done!! :)


For messier curls like Alessandra Ambroiso:


 Things You'll Need:
*Heat Protectant
*Blow Dryer
*1 1/2Curling Iron 
*1 1/2 Inch Rollers
*Hairspray




Step 1: Start off with clean hair. Apply a heat protectant and blow dry your hair with your head down for volume. 
Step 2: You want to section off your hair in 3 sections: One in the middle like a mohawk and the other two on the sides of your "mohawk" section. Starting with your "mohawk" section,  begin to curl about 2 inch sections of hair away from your face with your 1 1/2 inch curling iron (try to mimic Alessandra in the photo to the right). After every section you curl, take your 1 1/2 inch rollers (I noticed VS uses velcro) and apply it to the section that you just curled. Do this for the rest of your hair. After your head is filled with rollers, wait for your hair to fully cool down.
Step 3: Once your hair is cool, release it from the rollers. Take your fingers and mess it up a bit then hairspray your hair!
Alessandra getting help from a stylist to make her hair messy
Taking the rollers out

























Now you're all done! :)



For pretty waves like Izabel Goulart:



Things You'll Need:
*Heat protectant
* 1 Inch Curling Iron
*Blow Dryer
*Hairspray






Step 1: Start off with clean hair! Apply a heat protectant and blow dry your hair with your head down for nice volume.
Chanel Iman
Step 2: Section your hair off any way that you want and begin to curl your hair with your 1 inch curling iron. Curl your hair by taking 1 inch sections of hair, opening the clamp of your curling iron and wrapping your hair around the barrel, then closing the clamp(look at the photo to the side).Be sure to hold the barrel upside down and to curl away from your face. (For a more tasseled look, you could do some curls toward your face and others away). After you are done with every section(meaning the sections you parted at the beginning), lightly hairspray it so that it doesn't fall while your doing your other sections of hair.
Step 3: Once you are done with curling all of your hair, finger comb and hairspray it.

That's it! :)


Getting VS Shine:
For VS Angel shine, they normally put a shine product in the model's hair. These are shine products available on the VS website:



Style Brilliant & Glossy Shine Mist
Smooth & Glossy Shine Serum






















Great alternatives that make your hair nice and shiny are:
  • John Frieda's Frizz Ease Serum- I've spoken about this product in my last hair tutorial post and in the one above. As you can tell, I'm crazy about this product! It leaves your hair so shiny and so soft! The amount of shininess and softness that this product gives my hair, lasts a really long time!
  • John Frieda's Shine Spray- I've never really used this product before but I was looking at pictures of Adriana Lima before beginning to blog and I saw it on a stylist's table(she was prepping for a photo shoot) and I figured that's how the stylist made her hair nice and shiny for that particular photoshoot.
  • Garnier Frutis Shine Spray- I haven't tried this product yet but I am planning on it! I saw it in Seventeen Magazine when they were giving tips on how to achieve shiny hair.
~You can find more reviews on these products on YouTube, Ulta's website (excluding the VS products), other beauty blogs, etc.~

Another way to achieve shiny hair is just by taking good care of your hair. Be wise about the shampoos and conditioners you use, be gentle when you style it, etc. That's why I always tell you to apply a heat protectant to your hair before using any heat. Looking pretty is one thing but being and trying to stay healthy is another!



I hope I helped you and I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Tell me what you think about it in the comment section below and follow me on Twitter (just click on "My Twitter"): My Twitter

Love,
Flair Berry :)


17 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the detailed tutorial for curls. I have got long hair but they fall pretty straight. Have always wondered how to get those perfect curls. Blow drying the hair with heads down is a great tip!

    Also, my hair is a bit dry and recently I have got hair fall problem. If you can recommend the right shampoo and conditioner, it will be really appreciated. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaily,
      I too have very long hair. The key to your healthiest hair is not washing it every day. (i know, GROSS right?)
      The natural oils condition your hair. When you wash it every day you are stripping the oils out, leaving it dry and brittle and prone to breakage. I recently started noticing i had dandruff so i stopped washing every day, and alternated with a dandruff shampoo.
      That didnt help any, so now i'm down to washing about twice a week. In between washes i use a dry shampoo (I use Beyond the Zone "Rock Out" that you can get at Sally Beauty Supply) and it has helped my hair so much in the last few weeks. My dandruff is gone now after only about two weeks. It is difficult to get used to but i know it is better for my hair. A bonus for the dry shampoo is it smells really fresh and it doesn't leave your hair feeling gross like some products have a reputation for. I was also pretty impressed at the price coming from Sally- Another tip is when you do wash get a moisturizing shampoo and dont skip out on the conditioner- i have been using tresemme's split end renewal shampoo and conditioner. (I'm not sure how great the split end stuff works since i have so many, but on the moisture aspect it works well).
      Good luck to you

      Delete
    2. I had the same exact problem I wash mine every other day and use John Frieda's Root Awaking (for dry hair) and some head and shoulders along with the Root Awaking conditioner. The when I am out of the shower I natural oil in my hair. Not too much and just at my end (my dryer area. I recommend tea tree oil. If you can't find it Garnier Frutis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum work good too.

      Delete
    3. I have very long very thick hair and im extremely lucky that my hair doesn't really get greasy easily I only wash my hair once a week and one of the key things is plenty of conditioner on the ends but don't put it near the scalp that will help with keeping the grease away.

      Delete
  3. the key to keeping curls in long hair, you definitely need to PIN THOSE CURLS up with a bobby pin or hair pin so they can cool completely. I have not yet found a heat protectant that the first ingredient isn't ALCOHOL, which is extremely drying to the hair, so i forgo that step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most professional hair oils (Morroccanoil) act as heat protectors as well. :)

      Delete
  4. I know that you're not supposed to wash your hair everyday, but if I even just wash it later in the day rather than my normal time day my hair gets disgusting and greasy because it's so thin! It's also very curly, but just very thin. What do I do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your hair is thin (my teen daughter's is baby-fine, mine is fine but a lot of it), or if you have been shampooing daily for a long time, the transition to less frequent shampooing can be a greasy one. Your body tries to make up for all the washing by making MORE OIL. It can take a few weeks for your scalp to slow production. I'd wait till vacation or a time where you can wear hats or look a bit sloppy for a week or two if you are going to transition to every other day. Or maybe plan a bunch of updos that will hide greasy limp roots...

    I only wash my hair twice a week. I plan this out so first day clean, I do it all, blow out, curls (I only use a bit of heat protect on ends and light hairspray BEFORE I curl). The curls are flatter next day, so I barrette them back maybe or re-curl sections - NO PRODUCT. On day 3, I wear it up after a light dose of dry shampoo at roots to keep it from being too sleek looking. And voila! Next day wash and start all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've noticed my conditioner works best when I use cold water before and after. Nice shine, soft, and doesn't look so dry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think curly hair is more beautiful than straight hair . So if i want to make my hair curly i need a curling iron. It will help me to make my hair curly . Thanks for your informative post .
    Curling iron

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any hair issues, dandruff, hair loss, thinning hair.. Try WEN. Check them out on YouTube or qvc.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing hair style and very cool,.
    no heat challenge

    ReplyDelete